Chief MKO Abiola wrote;
” There are two reasons behind what people called my generosity.
Firstly, I am a Muslim and generosity is enjoined on all Muslims by Islam.
Secondly, I am also a realist. I happen to know that hoarding earthly wealth is meaningless, in so far as a millionaire, will not, when he dies, be buried with his millions.
I prefer to share the little I have with those who have none at all, in the belief that God, whose command I obey, will reward me in the next world. ”
” I can’t even hoard things for my children as many people do. For one thing, how do I know that my children, when I die, will not spend all the wealth I have, thus amassed through tight – fistedness within 24 hours! Such a thing has happened to many so-called rich men, hasn’t it?
I believe that no one but God can make anyone rich. Selfishness often runs counter to true self interest “.
The last wishes of Alexander the Great……… On his death bed, Alexander summoned his army generals and told them his three ultimate wishes:
1. The best doctors should carry his coffin …
2. The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery …
3. His hands should be let loose, so they hang outside the coffin for all to see…
One of his generals who was surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain.
Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:
1. “I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that in the face of death , even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal…”
2. “I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth, will stay on earth…”
3. “I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed”.
VANITY UPON VANITY…… (Flowerbudnews)