It is obvious that the fast approaching gubernatorial election in Osun State would not deter the incumbent government from continuing the feeding of vulnerable 30,000 households in the state.
This is just as the 15th edition of the Scheme was on Tuesday, officially flagged-off.
While granting an interview with newsmen, the Honourable Commissioner for Regional Integration and Special Duties, Engr. Olalekan Badmus, who doubles as the Sterring Committee Chairman of the Scheme said, the governor had not reneged on his promise to see to the upkeep of the less privileged in the society.
He said, “the present administration has done creditably well in terms of infrastructural development, prompt and full payment of civil servants’ salaries, payment of pensioners’ gratuities as and when due, cash-backing of workers’ promotion and among many other giant strides.
“It is not a surprise that Mr. Governor is also considerate of the vulnerable persons in the state. Let’s not forget that there are people who don’t earn salaries, gratuities, wages or other sort of incomes and in fact, no relatives to get support from. These are the people we intend to capture and see how we provide an opportunity for them to be able to feed.
“It has been successful and we are happy that the set goals of the Scheme is pacingly coming through. So far we have reached over 450,000 households. To me, that’s a mileage,” he concluded.
He however emphasized that all benefitting households will have been reached by the first week of July, adding that semo was the choice of food to be distributed for the 15th edition.